Shorter Mansion

The Mansion began as a more humble home built in 1884, by Eli Sims Shorter II (1858 – 1908) and his wife Wileyna Lamar (1861 – 1927) of Macon, Georgia. An extensive renovation, began in 1901 and lasting through 1906, transformed it into the outstanding Greek Revival Mansion it is today, enabling it to be listed on the National Register. Eli and Wileyna had three children and were well respected in the community. learn more

Share