Historic Piedmont Alabama

Piedmont was originally called Hollow Stump and then Cross Plains. The town of Piedmont was settled sometime in the 1850s. In 1868 the Selma, Rome, and Dalton Railroad connected the town to the outside world. Piedmont grew in size during the boom period of the 1890s and into the first quarter of the twentieth century. Today, the town of Piedmont contains a number of commercial buildings, churches, and schools that date from the first half of the twentieth century. Surrounding the downtown area are neighborhoods of Victorian era and early twentieth century homes. learn more

Share